Friday, September 30, 2005

PHONES

I must say it's more fun selling tickets than it is answering phones. However, today was my turn in the phone room. It can be funny, frustrating, and boring all within a matter of minutes. I also am able to sell Halloween Haunt tickets over the phone. A few years back we started doing this and at that time we had 8 or 9 people all the time in the phone room and all selling. Now I was by myself and made one sale! Somehow folks want to purchase the tickets from Ticketmaster and use their coupons instead of us. Also now we do sell tickets on the day of the event. We used to stop ticket sales in the evening. Folks now know that they can just come down on the day of the event and use their coupons or whatever. Today in my 7.5 hour shift, which by the way they wanted me to extend! I answered 495 calls! Now I didn't have to count them, our phones keep track. That was a record. I actually had a great day. I love how people will get mad at me because the park closes at 5:30. Like I can do anything about it! Oh well they got to yell and God helped me to keep perspective. I'm off tomorrow and then I work haunt Sunday night. That should bring some interesting stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home