Monday, October 01, 2007

This date in history

This day 20 years ago, there was the Whittier earthquake. I remember the shaking, getting Cindy out of the hall. She was in kindergarten. We spent the rest of the day building a giant leggo city in the front room.

This day 11 years ago I started working at Knott's. I was working at Ceres as a health clerk 4 days a week and I thought it would be "fun" to work at Knott's. Rick had been talking for 10 years about haunt and the fun. It was to be 10 hours a week. After about four month of working 2 jobs I left Ceres and went to full availability at Knott's Berry Farm. The family still owned the farm and it was a few hours a week. That changed ever so slowly to a full time job but only the ranking of part time. The park was sold and then the down hill slide. Eleven years later I'm at Granada Middle School as a sub health clerk, applying for permanent and have left the farm. You never know how good you have it until it's gone. I'm really enjoying being back at the school. The 17 1/2 hours of work and all the time off. God is good all the time no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home