Out of my comfort zone
I have been out of my comfort zone this whole week!
Each of our children in their own ways have gotten their parents out of their comfort zone.
Cindy has changed us the most. She has been on three short term missions trips with Athletics in Action. She has played soccer in many countries. People also follow her home! She had brought home, Meghan and Ronda from college to live at our house for two summers while they worked at Knott's Berry Farm.Last October we had two visitors from Northern Ireland, from her Ireland trips and this week we have had a Mother and daughter duo from Guadalajara, Mexico. Sony and Cindy met when Cindy went to Brazil with AIA. They have kept in contact ever since. Last year Cindy, Meghan and Ronda when down to visit her and now her and her mom came up here. It was Sony's first time in the United States. I only hope they had a great time. My Spanish is VERY limited. Cindy and Meghan do very well translating. Meghan was the "Cruz" director. She took them places while Cindy worked. She is an incredible blessing. Our guests cooked for us. I never cooked for them all week. Not my fualt they were not here. They were shopping! They even had to borrow one of our suitcases to get everything home. They saw the OC, Disneyland, Knott's, Hollywood, Manhatten Beach, and for the final day we spent six count the six hours in the Ontario Mills Mall. Now for those of you who know me know I do not shop in malls. The last mall I was in was when I visited Chris last May! We did have fun. I had never been in a Hollister store, American Eagle Outfitters store, or Zummies. My horizons have been expaned this week and my faith in God. I had to hang on to Him each day. I thank Cindy for bringing the mission field to me. Adios Sony y Theresa. I had a good week. Pictures will follow.
Each of our children in their own ways have gotten their parents out of their comfort zone.
Cindy has changed us the most. She has been on three short term missions trips with Athletics in Action. She has played soccer in many countries. People also follow her home! She had brought home, Meghan and Ronda from college to live at our house for two summers while they worked at Knott's Berry Farm.Last October we had two visitors from Northern Ireland, from her Ireland trips and this week we have had a Mother and daughter duo from Guadalajara, Mexico. Sony and Cindy met when Cindy went to Brazil with AIA. They have kept in contact ever since. Last year Cindy, Meghan and Ronda when down to visit her and now her and her mom came up here. It was Sony's first time in the United States. I only hope they had a great time. My Spanish is VERY limited. Cindy and Meghan do very well translating. Meghan was the "Cruz" director. She took them places while Cindy worked. She is an incredible blessing. Our guests cooked for us. I never cooked for them all week. Not my fualt they were not here. They were shopping! They even had to borrow one of our suitcases to get everything home. They saw the OC, Disneyland, Knott's, Hollywood, Manhatten Beach, and for the final day we spent six count the six hours in the Ontario Mills Mall. Now for those of you who know me know I do not shop in malls. The last mall I was in was when I visited Chris last May! We did have fun. I had never been in a Hollister store, American Eagle Outfitters store, or Zummies. My horizons have been expaned this week and my faith in God. I had to hang on to Him each day. I thank Cindy for bringing the mission field to me. Adios Sony y Theresa. I had a good week. Pictures will follow.


1 Comments:
Cool stuff. It is awesome that you could open up your house and your heart to those from other countries.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home