I had a ball this week
By saying I had a ball this week I mean the week was up and down a lot. Crazy stuff at school, an arrest for bringing knives to school, a split head from a thrown rock, a field trip, flag football games, and the best ever Jr. High at church. For the past four years our church has a non-profit community center, "we" run an after school sports program at Lakeside. The object is to get the kids from that into church, then parents and on and on. The past four years we have had maybe one or two kids. Redeemer hired a new youth man in Sept. He has been on of the refs. Two weeks ago he made out some cards and invited them to come on Wed. night the 29th. He again handed them out on the 29th. I'm also a ref and when the kids would talk about it I told them that it was Nick's birthday and he was throwing himself a party. Which is was his birthday. I know your in suspense, nine I repeat nine, kids from the program came and several wore their jerseys. We ended up with 15 kids that night. Amazing, the most ever on Wed night in years! It was so much fun to watch. The week did up on the ball bouncing high in the sky with that news!


1 Comments:
Lots of stuff happening. That is great that so many kids came.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home