Tuesday, May 02, 2006

To God be the glory

I made a lady cry yesterday. For me that isn't unusual. Only usually they cry because I'm rude, tough or I didn't give them what they wanted. The day had been frustrating. My friend and I started the day with "beauty" contestant winners getting annual passports. Nothing better than starting the day with 3-16 year old winners of Hawaiian Tropics competition and their parental units filling up information. That being done, we had a lot of guest complaints about "all" the rides in the park being down. Frustrating that rides supervision wouldn't come out and help us. After the park closed at 6:00pm a husband and wife came in needing refunds for two tickets. They deserved it. They had been given wrong information as to where to meet their band for the performance and were at the wrong place to enter the park. "We" sold them tickets and told them to bring back the unused tickets that the band leader had and we would refund them. They were told by my fellow employee that we would refund them up until the park closes. NOT TRUE. That place closes at 5pm and we turn in our money by 6pm. I did feel sorry for them, I retrieved my boss and she suggested I do a credit card refund. To relieve the tension I joke that that is why she is the boss and gets the big bucks. She is smarter than me! I should have thought of that. I did the refund and apologized for my fellow employee. She teared up and thanks me for apologizing. I know I was filled by God's Holy Spirit. I heard my self speaking softly and sincerely. Usually I can hear my self and don't even believe what I'm saying. but this time God was there at that moment and I want to thank Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Good story and great job!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home