Women's Day

Yesterday, at church, we honored three women who have been at Redeemer over 50 years. Sophia, Avis and Ellen. We managed to get two of them there in their wheelchairs and Sophia and Frank. It was touch and go for a while because Ellen fell on Thursday and it knocked her for a loop, we had to figure out who could spring Avis from her place. Cecile sang, Linda Delgado spoke about the women in the Covenant. People spoke about each of the three women and then Brad had an award, entitled Ellen Hale award, it will be given out each year to the women at Redeemer who fit the laws! ha ha I don't know what it's called I would call it the faithful woman award. It was a great day for the three ladies. The place was packed and we got to see a lot of old friend, by old I mean, we have known them for a long time not that they are old!


3 Comments:
That is really cool. They are all such wonderful godly women. I am glad that they were honored by the congregation.
That is awesome
I wish we could have been there to honor Avis, Ellen and Sophie. I hope that I'm as faithful to serve the Lord as they are.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home