Saturday, June 30, 2007

Knott's

This was my last week at Knott's Berry Farm. After 10 years 9 months it was time to move on. I thought it would be easy but it wasn't. So many friends in every department of the park. It was hard saying good bye to them. I did go out doing what I do best, working in information. I sold 106 annual passports and renewing 35. Let the good times roll. It was hot, humid and no air conditioning. I won't miss that. It was so nice, the marketing department brought me flowers, we had a potluck and I wore a giant foam cowboy hat with a tiara! I did get to tell the top dogs why I was quitting. Not enough money when they took away all the parties and free shirts. Folks from the mid west don't know how we roll out here in California, that's the bottom line! Yesterday a family came in that I had sold passes to for the past 10 years. He was almost crying when they left. I met a ton of GREAT people and sold passes and made friends with my guests. I really think that was the hardest part leaving the guests that I had sold passes to for the past 10 years and watching their children grow each year. I had a good ride and now it's time to try something else. But first vacation to see Chris, Jon and Emily!

2 Comments:

Blogger amberlee said...

wow, I didn't even think about the customers who knew you! That's so sad! But I know in the end, this is way better. :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

It looks like you left a lot of great friends/relationships but hopefully you will be able to keep in touch and remember that you will make lots of new friends at your new position. Good luck, and as you say so well, "let the good times roll"!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home