Saturday, August 12, 2006

VIP Tours

This week I gave two VIP tours at Knott's Berry Farm. Now doesn't that sound fun. Let me tell you the life of a tour guide is not all that glamorous. I was not tipped after either tour and not given any food! Usually you get a tip. Not this week. Plus this summer has been hot and humid and not fun to wear nylons and a sweater and long sleeved shirt! I did manage to roll up my sleeves when out of sight of our office! I did have fun meeting people from Hong Kong and Idaho. The folks from Hong Kong, we spent the WHOLE four hours in Camp Snoopy! They didn't want the big fast rides. We did manage to get to the log ride and the Ice Show. Today the folks from Idaho only wanted the fast rides. I managed to get mom sick. However the 8 year old couldn't get enough of the spinning, looping and dropping. So folks don't be jealous if I get to give tours. No extra money at all today or Tuesday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Well I hope you still had more fun than being on a regular shift. Too bad about the no tip and food. Darn penny and food pinchers.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Yes I did have a lot more fun than my real job!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home