Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Mixed Day

It a day of mixed feelings for me. Cindy picked up Meghan at the airport. A great thing. Meghan has spent the past two summers here. This is summer number three. She will be a lead in the picnic department at Knott's. Today is Cindy's last final. She is so smiley today. Glad to have her friend here and to be done with classes. For me it's mixed. I'm so happy Meghan is here. She adds excitement to the house. But it only means that Cindy will only be living here for two more months. I'm EXTREMELY excited that she is getting out of the restaurant business. God did bless her with this job and she has had a lot of interesting experiences. I'm happy that she is done with her classes and probably has an A- average. I'm happy that she will be doing counseling which she really wants to do. I'm happy she will get another trip to Brazil with Athletics in Action and a vacation to Mexico. But then she will move up to Seattle, Washington. I know it's a God thing but it makes me feel sad today. It has been a great couple of years having her living here. She is so funny considerate and she is just cool. So are Chris and Jeff but they don't live here. I'm fine with the move I'm just feeling sad today.

4 Comments:

Blogger cacfus said...

You guys can move up to! The house next door to us is for sale :) And yes, I agree Cindy is funny and cool.

8:02 AM  
Blogger cacfus said...

Oh, and this is Christy, not Chris.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

In the new houses??? YES

6:29 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

An empty nest does sound kind of sad. But at least you get to look forward to a grand child on the way and I am sure lots more in the future.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home