FUNDRAISING
When you hear the term Fundraising, what is your first thought, long, hot, car washes, endless candy sales,or slave auctions??? Our church found out about the BEST fundraising event ever. It is for our high school students going for a week long event this summer. You don't have to be going to participate. That is why Rick and I went. The only two who didn't have anyone going. We just felt it was important to help the students. Now I don't root for the Dodgers, but hey, the Angels were playing the Dodgers. I got to see Tim Salomon hit a home run :) You go to Dodger stadium, park in a special lot and get there way before the traffic. Then you get a free t-shirt and a badge, a real badge!! Our job is to hand out the promotional items. Last night was free Dodger schedule refrigerator magnet night. We loaded up the church van, and off we went. They pay you $10.00 a person to do this job and if you do a good job you can get $15.00 a person. Plus you get a voucher for $9.00 of free food. Yeah that sounds great. $9.00 gets you one Dodger dog and a soda!! HAHA I had so much fun. The folks get only one item per ticket. Oh the folks begging for more magnets!! Way to funny. It is a long night of standing but so much fun. My team of Georgie, Gabe and Matthew, lucked out. We had the bleachers section under the stands. It started raining just before the game started and we were nice and dry, cold but dry. Plus when we arrived at our station it was batting practice and all three boys got a homerun ball that was hit to us! Other teams were out in the rain. They were provided with rain gear. We were at a slower place but it was so much fun. We get to do this several more times. If you want to join us you are more than welcome. Our next time is Monday for opening day. Try and get a ticket to that game!


2 Comments:
Thanks for the fundraising idea that we can really use here in Louisiana...
I'm sorry for you. If I could do it for your group I would you know that! Maybe they do it for the hockey games there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home