Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sears

I wasn't going to blog about our adventures at Sears but they have finally gotten on my last nerve. We ordered a new stove top and oven in November from Sears. Kenmore. We have always thought their products were good. They were due to arrive on Dec. 3. Our contractor was to put in the new counter top on the 4th, that would give Rick Friday and Sat. to get them put in and all is great, the kids would see the new kitchen when they were here for Christmas. When Rick picked up the oven and stove top he was told they heard some rattling in the box, they opened the oven and couldn't see anything. We didn't even get it off the truck and we saw a pile of glass. The broiler glass was shattered. Rick took that back immediately. The new one would come on the 19th. Okay I thought that will be fine, the old oven is still in place. Wed. night Rick opened the stove top just to see how it would look and it was damaged. He took that back on Wed. and it wouldn't be ready for pickup on the 19th. Okay so still good our old oven in place, a nice hole in the other place. On the 19th oh they won't be in till the 24th. Give me a break now the oven not in till the 27, I really don't know how many times we went there we got discounts. The last time I went with Rick. I said I want the upgraded stove top for the same price and I wanted it today. Well that couldn't happen. We could pick it up on Sunday the 21st at the warehouse. Okay that is in Santa Ana, doable. Rick goes on that Sunday and oh it's closed. Like you couldn't program that into the computer. He went back on Monday, and installed the stove top all working great. OH also the heater in the house went out so he got to put in a new motor in that also! Now the oven is to arrive on Sat. the 27, Rick goes down and installs it. Guess what it doesn't work!! I didn't realize it. I had made some chex mix and it seemed to take longer than normal. I asked him to test the heat. Well it doesn't get hot and the light doesn't come on when you open the door like it is supposed to. Rick called today and they can't come fix it until Tuesday Jan 13.. He is now showering and on his way to Sears. We are now also on a first name basis with the store manager. NEVER will I purchase anything but tools at SEARS NEVER. Thank you for listening!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the heads up. Sears is now off my list, too!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, that is really bad. How frustrating!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home